8.10.2006

Beginnings

Several of my mommyblogger friends have been encouraging me for months to begin a blog to chronicle the exploits of our family. My immediate family members also have requested increased access to photographs of the Colorado family unit.

Thus bowing to public pressure, I have created "Awk" as a combination academic blog/ mommyblog/ triblog. Most of the blogs I read and enjoy most center on these three themes: academics, parenting, or training for triathlon (run, swim, or biking) events. So I've decided at long last to join the online party. Politics and events of the day may also rear their ugly heads occasionally when topical; I appreciate the opinions of my readership and of course want to inculcate them with my own thoughts on multiple matters. Recommended readings may also pop up from time to time as I come across articles of interest.

Before you ask: I chose "Awk" as the title of my blog because I see my current lot in life as a somewhat awkward combination of interesting components, similar to a sentence with promising content still in need of clarifying revision. So, welcome to Awk, and I'll look forward to your comments.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Yay! Welcome to mommyblog world. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing pictures. A word of wisdom, if you spoil family and friends with frequent blog/pics then you MUST continue this frequency. I was pretty good in the beginning and have tapered off recently only to have family/friends lay on the guilt trip thick!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! DIL