9.13.2006

Nymostair!


I've got two articles due by early October so my blogging time is at a premium right now. I'll publish a race report from the Buffalo Bicycle Classic in a few days--it's ready to go, but I'm waiting on the pictures so I can provide illustrations.

The bug has been learning to walk upstairs, as opposed to crawling, in the past few weeks. Matt or I try to stay right with her, but occasionally she'll attempt it on her own and expect us to catch up. She sometimes finds the effort exhausting and will stop about halfway up the stairs. In an effort to encourage her the other day while she was resting, I said, "Nine more stairs, sweetie." (She's also been doing a lot of counting lately, even though her numbers go "one, two, three, five, nine, six.") She looked up the staircase and said, "Nymostair!" and started pulling herself up.

Last night we were out in the backyard and she was climbing the ladder to the slide. I came up behind her just in case she slipped, and heard her mumble, "Nymostair. Nymostair." as she pulled herself to the top. I'm not sure whether she's cheering herself on or whether she thinks it's the magic word that enables vertical progress, but either way, I'm glad it's working for her.

No comments: