10.22.2006

Girly girl


We finally got the last few months' worth of pictures developed yesterday. September and October were fairly eventful months for the bug--she moved into a new classroom, was visited by multiple grandparents, and gained a real understanding of the multiple-word sentence. She is also, occasionally, letting me style her hair in ways that involve more than a drive-by combing.

Matt notes that she is showing strong "girly-girl" tendencies: she cuddles her stuffed lion and dolly with extreme tenderness, and has a (to me) puzzling preference for all things pink. I allowed her to choose her own Halloween costume, and it's pretty spectacularly pink. You'll have to handle the suspense for a few more days until I have the time to get her into it and shoot some pictures, but it's pretty good stuff.

The grandparents enjoyed their recent visit, and the sunshine, as evidenced by this picture at the local park:



















After maternal grandfather attempted to wear her out in the sunshine, paternal grandfather took a shot at wearing her out during storytime:















A good time was had by all, and we really enjoyed the visit. Hope you all enjoy the pictures, and I'll try to post the next bunch before Christmastime for a change.

4 comments:

Bolder said...

great shots! like the first one!!

Jenni said...

I like pictures!!! The bug has very cute and big smiles for the camera. I'm liking the hair do's. Very cute.

CyndiF said...

I like the hair in the 1st pic, too. She'll be a cutie with long hair (not that she's anything else with short hair, of course).

Cliff said...

Heather,

You have a blog :).

Thanks for your comment. I can't dance at all. God made me stiff and inflexible :)

Yeah..it does sound like there is a lot of 'work' and not a lot of fun. It's all about balance :)