3.29.2007

How do they survive without Thai takeout, those Nebraskans?

This absolutely cracked me up yesterday:

Omaha's Culture Club

They have restaurants in them there flyover states? And people making music, and movies? And ART! Real gosh-golly art, not just craft things like you see at the county fair.

I think my favorite quote was: “I’m relieved that Omaha doesn’t take itself too seriously in any obnoxious way,” he said. “There’s still a touch of the honky-tonk, and there are still some lingering tones of self-deprecation.”

As though my people have ever stopped gently making fun of ourselves. :)

New Yorkers need to get out of Manhattan just a bit more, methinks.

1 comment:

Staci said...

I love it! I have to keep track of this article so I can find cool places to go on a date night... Nebraska is so hip.