4.05.2007

A missed calling?

If I were ten years younger, this would be one of the most interesting career fields I could possibly imagine.

Hardwired for faith?

The idea of applying scientific parameters to the study of faith is not exactly new, but particular cutting-edge brain analysis technologies are suggesting some interesting correlative relationships. I was reading elsewhere about this, I believe in America, and the priest-author suggested that this evidence was causality-neutral. That is to say, it could be used to support a case that God created us to be believers even at a molecular chemical level; or it could be used to demonstrate that human brain chemistry predisposes us to create god(s) and exhibit religious beliefs.

Anyway, I thought it was neat and will be looking for more in-depth articles about the new field as researchers start to publish.

No comments: