10.17.2008

Tagged!

So I'm home with a sick preschooler, a two-month-old just starting to sniffle, and a cold. Recipe for a great weekend, no? But so far, today, so good. One is napping and the other is watching Mary Poppins. God bless a spoonful of sugar.

My friend Jenni tagged me to write a meme, but I realized I'd done a similar one before. So I kept the number of items on each list the same, but switched up the list headings a bit:

20 years ago I was:
1. In seventh grade "junior varsity" volleyball.
2. The tallest girl in my class...
3. With the earliest acne. (Darn puberty.)
4. Practicing piano 1.5 hours a day.
5. Obsessed with INXS, Tretorn sneakers, Esprit de Corps jeans, and Yo! MTV Raps!

5 things on my perpetual to-do list:
1. Clean out old papers in the basement
2. Write my mother a thank-you note
3. Job-hunt
4. Count my blessings
5. Family snuggle time

5 snack foods I don't understand why people eat:
1. Butterfingers
2. Pork rinds
3. Twinkies
4. Caramel corn
5. Powdered-sugar-dipped donuts (I ALWAYS inhale accidentally and get it up my nose)

5 things I would do to save money in a recession:
1. Get a job.
2. Go mostly vegetarian (meat is EXPENSIVE).
3. Turn down the thermostat to 67.
4. Re-evaluate "necessities" and "wants."
5. Clip coupons for foods we already eat, and use them.

5 places I would love to live besides here, at least a few weeks a year, if I had the means to do so:
1. New York City
2. North Shore, Hawaii
3. Omaha, Nebraska (in the penthouse apartment just off ConAgra Park in the Old Market, or in a big old fixer-upper in Happy Hollow)
4. Salida, Colorado
5. Minneapolis, Minnesota (especially in the summer)

5 jobs it would be fun to have some day:
1. Spa service-quality tester: Just how good is that facial and hot-rock massage?
2. Yoga instructor: fit, flexible, and getting paid for it.
3. Restaurant critic: see #1, but with food instead, preferably paid for by the place I work.
4. Director of American Revolutions: Theatre in-joke; it's the job title of the person at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival who is in charge of a series of new plays about American history.
5. Helpdesk technician at the Pentagon. (I stole that one off best-of-Craigslist, but seriously, can you imagine the phone calls?)

No comments: