4.16.2009

i would add a photo...

but it would make me sad. 

The polliwog took a header off the chair in his room yesterday, and we ended up at the doctor's office in the late afternoon. No stitches needed, thankfully, but some major band-aidage and a tense 12 hours on concussion watch.   He is just fine today, in good spirits, and things look like they were relatively superficial and will heal well.  Still an important brief list of lessons (re)learned:

1) Head wounds bleed like hell.
2) Four-year-olds cannot move to the car fast enough for a mom carrying an injured infant, even if they are completely cooperative and sprinting at top speed. That said, the bug was AWESOME in terms of taking direction and moving fast without asking too many questions until we actually got to the doctor's office.  (Then she kept asking whose fault it was. Mine, child. I took my hand off him and reached for the diaper wipes when he shouldn't have been up on the chair alone. Now shush.)
3) Blood doesn't come out of carpets. Or car seats. Or running shoes.  Or indeed most things it comes into contact with.
4) My boy is amazingly precious, cheery, and sweet, and has rebounded from his injury very quickly.  I'm the one who wants to cuddle him 24 hours a day and keeps having nightmares with the injury repeated in slow-mo.

4 comments:

Monsignor Scott Rassbach said...

Sorry to hear about it. I'm sure the polliwog will be fine, though.

To get rid of blood, you might need an enzyme style cleaner. The car detailing guys were telling me it comes out easier than milk. :)

Staci said...

I'm so sorry! I know just how it feels when a child is injured and it feels like it's all your fault... Ugh. I'm glad he'll be fine very quickly and he'll never remember it!

Finn said...

I kinda wanted a picture.

Anonymous said...

Maybe your boy doesn't want to be precious, cheery and sweet, but instead wants to be a manly man tough looking hoodlum.

-- Mark B