2.18.2010

Breathing.

It's about time that I attempted a return to blogging, methinks. I just caught up on several friends' blogs--about a month or two worth from each--and decided that I'll be trying daily blogging for Lent. More or less with the goal of doing something extra to connect to the special people in my life (friends and family) because I am way behind in all forms of communication, written, emailed, blogged, Facebooked, or otherwise.

To me Ash Wednesday has always seemed like New Year's Day--an excellent chance to begin again, to reflect on the past year, and to begin coming up with new organizational systems for improving myself, relationships with others, and my faith in the year ahead. And you all know how I love organizational systems!

Today I am especially thankful for my family's health. For those of you keeping up with other family members, you know the polliwog is just getting over pneumonia and Matt just about lost a finger this week. Today I am so glad we are all breathing regularly and are in one piece! I have a few minutes in my office to breathe before sprinting off to the next meeting, and want to know: how do you fit "breathing" into your daily routine? (And what does "taking a breath" mean to you?)

1 comment:

Staci said...

That's a great question, and I welcome advice :).

I suppose, for me, it's the rare moment when I sit in the comfy chair in my room with a book, or with the intent of a quick nap. Or it's the minutes before bed when I kneel and pray. Or, even better, it's the hour a week that a friend of mine arranged when we trade off babysitting in order to go to Adoration at the church. That's been going on for the past month or so, and it's one of the highlights of my week now. AN HOUR. Of uninterrupted time. With God. That's huge, even if it is just weekly, or slightly less depending on sick kids.