4.11.2011

Off Hiatus.


Because when my parents are about to visit, and I have two shows opening within the next three weeks, it cannot possibly be surprising that I'd rather update my blog than wash windows or prepare for theatrical festivities.

In other words, uploading some photos of the fam from my camera and phone is long overdue. Actually taking pictures is longer overdue, so I'll have exactly one good shot with this post, featuring the T-bird with his St. Patrick's Day hat. Yup, that's a shamrock with a sideways smiley face.

There are still four of us, and for those of you who have doted on the blog for visual evidence, you'll be reassured that the younger two continue to grow. Matt took the camera with him to Alaska back in January for the last rocket launch and I have yet to get any pictures on it since then--I know everyone's wondering if we've grown three ears, so I'll try to get some as Easter approaches, since for the first time in weeks we won't be covered in mud or snot.

Matt's been spearheading a major landscaping project in the neighborhood. Two weeks ago we and lots of friends and neighbors moved roughly two tons of rock so that we could turn our mailbox-island into a xeric-landscaped garden area. It will be beautiful once the plants start to grow, and they finished the planting last weekend. Right now it looks like a big lovely dirt heap with some tiny green stuff, though. Thus, my reference to mud.

We've all (except the bug) had the end-of-winter cold for the last week to ten days, too, so continue the mucus removal process of bleaching every available surface and doorknob, and rescheduling all the stuff that got cancelled within the last few weeks. The sun and the sixty-degree temps seem to be sticking for this week, so there's hope.

If you'd like the short reason why I've taken the last six months off from blogging, I have one word for you: FaceBook. (I joined almost exactly when I stopped blogging here.) Short status reports and links with occasional pictures turn out to be way easier for me to generate timewise, and I've reconnected with several friends who were close in high school which is a treat. It's also limited in access to people I approve / designate as my friends which is nice when it comes to posting family information, as opposed to a public blog; I could always make my blog password-accessible only, but I haven't made that call just yet. I'm also required to FB for two of my three jobs, as social media activity is key to audience building for theatrical organizations. Still, I want to keep this blog going so that some day my children can recoil in horror at the tales of their childhood, so I'll still be dropping by occasionally with updates. Drop a line in the comments and let me know if you're still there, readers!

1 comment:

Staci said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see your post in my google reader :). Glad to know you're all alive and well!