6.16.2011

June. Opera. Busy. But...

A lot going on in and around the homestead since Mother's Day, and since we're almost to Father's Day, I better catch up. Matt wandered afield to Boston and Chicago for various conferences in the past month, so with one hand for each child that left me no fingers free to type. But now he's home until our grand road odyssey begins in August.

My sister's family came out to visit around Memorial Day, and much fun was had by all, especially the cousins. My eldest nephew walked the Bolder Boulder with his dad and another aunt and uncle, and then most of the family came out for the big finale of the professional race, flyover with skydivers, and Memorial Day ceremony. It was really beautiful.

I ran the race myself earlier that morning, and finished in 50:13. I liked the new course although running it with 54,000 of my closest friends meant that some of the turns were a little more crowded than I would have liked.

CU's opera summer program is still running--our performances are next week, and I go into tech rehearsals on Monday. Things are running a LOT more smoothly in our second year, so far, knock wood. This year's world premieres are excerpts from Kirke Mechem's "Pride and Prejudice" and Herschel Garfein's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead." Both literary works I like a lot, which aids me in general enthusiasm for the musical projects. :) The students and faculty are working immensely hard, and our designers are going to make them look good. Very good.

I may eventually post some photos, but would rather post than hunt for the camera cord right now.

No comments: