9.21.2011

Well, if that's the only way that gets results.

Miranda is sitting on the couch, working on a creative project involving a rocket.  Tucker comes over and takes the rocket drawing out of her hands, and says, "Rockets are for boys."  I overhear this, and come out of the kitchen, saying in a stern voice, "What did you just say?"

Tucker replies, stubbornly, clutching the drawing, "Rockets are for boys." Then, seeing my raised eyebrows, less stubbornly, and very fast: "And girls. And Mirandas. And Mamas. And anyone who can take away my priv-lid-ges." With a big smile at me.

And gives her the drawing back.

Sigh. Equality, at what cost?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat-O! D-I-L

CyndiF said...

Where do you think a kid his age picks up such ideas? It's truly in the aether.

RocketMan said...

Did you really mean "aether" or is that a typo for "father"