8.15.2007

How to impress a crowd

Last night I went back to my new office after hours, to pick up something I'd left behind, around 6 p.m..

I triggered the alarm system. My access code had not yet been activated so I couldn't shut it off.

I did, however, contact the campus police speedily enough that no SWAT teams descended upon the building. The alarm shut off by itself approximately ten minutes later, just as I contacted a co-worker by cell and got his access code to try to disarm it.

I work in a building that wraps around the theatre where the local Shakespeare festival performs. They had a performance scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. and a pre-show talk was going on when the alarm went off.

House management, backstage crew, actors, and theatre-goers alike all know where I work now, and that the alarm they heard throughout the building wasn't actually a fire alarm.

Did I mention the house holds 1000 people and the performance last night was sold out?

D'oh!

No comments: