10.08.2007

Duck, duck...heh, heh, heh.

Matt cooked a goose last night.

It was his first attempt at roasting this type of fowl, and while it overshot its estimated cooking time by almost two hours, well... the wait was worth it.

I would post pictures but I didn't think about taking any until it was far too late and the lovely bronzed beastie had devolved into a hacked-up carcass.

And the amount of fat produced? Legendary. Seriously, I think there are about three pounds of fat left in the pan. And that's after he removed some and 'rendered' it, which actually produces clear fat for frying and other kitchen uses.

I am proud of his foodie nature and am also a happy beneficiary of his culinary experimentation. No real earth-shaking news in this post, just a shout-out to the person who feeds me.

1 comment:

Bolder said...

awwww, and you were doing so well!

you know the first rule of blogland is 'no pictures = did not happen'.

YOUR GOOSE IS COOKED!

i bet you appreciate this pithy, insightful, and appreciative comments more know that you've met me.

:)