11.06.2007

Hold the lime.

Or don't:

A Corona, Please...

Sentence of the day: "Tongs are to a bartender what work boots would be on a ballerina."

And in other cocktail news, for some time I've been meaning to post a recipe for a drink I really enjoyed while in New Orleans this summer. (The absinthe now available in stores no longer causes hallucinations, by the way; they took out the wormwood some time ago.) I haven't tried making this with Peychaud's bitters, but it sounds pretty close to what I had there. Not too strong, not too sweet.

The Sazerac


It probably says something about my work day today that I'm posting about after-work beverages already, but I really liked the New York Times story. Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

CyndiF said...

I purchased Peychaud's bitters a few years ago with this drink in mind but never got around to getting the other ingredients (Herbsaint). We should bring our mixers together and make beautiful cocktails...