1.22.2008

Week 3: the cold.

Remember how I mentioned my weather wussiness?

This week's exercise has been primarily indoors. Yoga = good, did at least 4 sessions, hurray! Strength training = did it once. Outdoor runs? Zero. Outdoor walks? Only of the "parked at the far end of the lot" variety, with one half-hour exception.

It's supposed to warm up into the above-freezing zone beginning today. This morning it was one degree. Yes, one. Colder than Alaska, actually. And still people were biking to work along the Diagonal Highway. Sickos.

I seem to be lacking a certain hardcore gene. Or perhaps I just appreciate my digits and appendages more than the next fellow.

So here's what I'd like from you, lovely readers: Suggestions for indoor training and workout videos you actually do repeatedly. I'll dance, lift weights, jazzercise, T-Tapp, whatever, if you can give it a hearty recommendation. Help me sort the wheat from the chaff in this regard. I've got a few good yoga videos and CD's, but am fairly destitute in all other fitness video areas, so let the suggestions roll in!

p.s. Nothing that requires extensive or expensive equipment, please. I've got an exercise ball, free weights, and a medicine ball already so bonus points for anything that incorporates those.

2 comments:

Bolder said...

i got nothin'.

no, really. i don't own any vids or DVDs... i can get you a copy of Ironman Hawaii... probably the last three years, but, that's all i've gots!

forget the indoors, come outdoors, let's go skate skiing!!

Anonymous said...

I really love the Crunch series, especially fat burning pilates, burn & firm pilates, boot camp training & cardio-sculpt. I own several other videos, but always come back to these. Andrew really likes them, too.