3.12.2008

No news is just no news.

Now that you all know our big news, there is a lot of "hurry up and wait" going on right now in our household. There's no closure on anything right now but I'm getting used to living in a state of suspended disbelief/animation/whatever.

I'm still waiting on a candidate's reply regarding the job search I've been heading up the past few months. Job applications of my own are pending in two departments here in town and we'll see how that goes; maybe I'll get a chance to beg to teach somewhere in person in a month or two.

I've started rehearsals for a spring show at a local theatre company in Boulder. I'll be stage-managing "The Complete Works of Shakespeare(Abridged)"which will open May 1 at the Dairy Center. This first week has been tons of fun and I hurt from laughing after the first rehearsal, which I think bodes well for the comedic potential of the production.

Rehearsal and time-change exhaustion have sent most exercise plans for a loop this week but we did get a few good family walks in and lots of playground time in the sunshine, so there's something to be built on in the weeks ahead. Doctor's appointment today, so if all goes well we'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat again. This is my favorite part as it reassures me there is actually a creature in progress within.

My father- and mother-in-law were in town this week for skiing and grandchild adoration, both of which went according to plan. It was great to have them here for a few days to catch up on life in Wisconsin, and Miranda loves playing with her grandpa and grandma.

Thus, things are happening which make each day different and often enjoyable, but rather low-key to blog about.

No comments: