11.20.2008

Bargain hunting.

Because so many of us are grappling with the downturn in the economy, and also because I so rarely post on fashion:

Zappos.com, which some of you web shoppers may use on occasion (free shipping both ways! for designer shoes...) has a secret sister website.

www.6pm.com has all the designer shoes that Zappo's can't sell in the first six months they're on the market, at 50% off or more.  Great brands--Dansko, Aerosoles, Uggs, Columbia--the kind of stuff that you might look at when you go to REI or the Walking Store and hope that it someday goes on sale.  Some of you may also wear high heels and dress shoes occasionally--that is not my current life, but hey, they have some pretty girly shoes too.

So if you don't care about having last season's shoes, check it out. I have yet to experiment with actually buying shoes online but the prices here mean I may look into it for my winter boots this year. End of consumer site plug.

Oh, and if you have any fave Christmas bargain-hunting secrets, pass them on in the comments, will you?  I tend to stay away from shopping on Black Friday unless I'm looking for something really specific that I know from ads I can purchase really cheap, but I'm always up for suggestions, especially for the kids.

3 comments:

Glencora Palliser said...

Yes buy present all year 'round (when seeing them on sale, or on trips, etc.) and store them in a box then by November, one is usually done shopping. (Otherwise, yes, I agree, I avoid shopping on Black Friday. No car at this point makes it impossible anyway.)
- JK

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..! Well, Zappos and 6PM both are my favorite.

CyndiF said...

Amazon Prime. Typically pays for itself and makes shopping so easy.