1.05.2009

Where I've been, and where I'm going.

Hello, all!  It's been a screamingly busy few weeks since the last post.  Actually, it's been pre-busy, as nothing much has changed here yet but big changes are coming next week. The bug returned to school today, so I have a few minutes to share my news.

I'm going back to work next week, and will be juggling, um, four part-time jobs for the next two months.  
1 and 2) I'll still be doing my grantwriting and administrative work for the local theatre company I've been working with, and I'm also stage-managing their next show which goes up in February.
3) I start Monday at the CU Opera, where I'll be their production assistant.  They currently have no director of opera, only guest directors, so I will be keeping the ship afloat until a permanent leader arrives on the scene next fall.
4) I will be doing some grant and administrative work for CASA, Matt's place of employment, precise start date still TBD.  This one promises to be much fun as I've been proofreading and editing Matt's work for years and am looking forward to doing so with the work of his peers.

I found a lovely daycare center for the polliwog last week, and he'll be going four days per week while the bug is in school.  All these jobs are partial,  can-work-from-home, no-set-schedule type of stuff except for stage-managing.  It will be quite tricky to keep all these balls in the air, especially at first, but by March I'll be down to three of them and my evenings will free up and I may once again resume oxygen intake...in short, postings are likely to be sparse until then.  Any free time will go right to my family, and probably also to sleep. :)



No comments: