3.17.2010

A typical afternoon: dialogue.

"I'm going to play a game called Be Mad at Mama."
"And how do you play?"
"You have to punish Mama for things she did that were bad."
"What did she do that was bad?"
"Things like telling me to eat my bread ALL the TIME."
"And how do you punish her?"
"By making her go outside."
"And do what?"
"Play with us."
"That doesn't sound like much of a punishment."
"Well, it's not a punishment for US. It's a punishment for you."
[Note: it is currently 69 degrees and brilliantly sunny out.]
"What do I have to play outside?"
"Whatever I want to play."
"What about Tucker? That sounds like a punishment for him."
"Then he can pick. As long as you don't get to pick. You're not getting punished anymore if you get to pick the game."
"What do you think he wants to play?"
"Tucker wants to play babies." (Tucker: "Dah!" or, roughly, "That!")
"How do we play that?"
"We sit around and scribble and drink milk and bite a lot. But not too hard."

2 comments:

Julia Reffner said...

Hey I was just cruising through the next on the blog button and ran into this post. Cracked me up. I have a daughter who is about to turn 5 and son who is about to turn 2 and I swear my wife has told me about conversations just like this on a regular basis.

Amber X said...

thats absolutely adorable. you're daughter/son sounds like a sweetheart.