8.28.2006

today is the type of day where...

everyone else is more brilliant than I am.

So, a few recommended readings as your assignment for the day, by subject:

Politics
There are a number of books on the market that examine the rise of the religious right as a political power, but they tend to paint all religions with far too broad a brush. Ross Douthat provides a worthwhile critique of several at:
Theocracy! Theocracy! Theocracy!

Feminism
The Forbes.com article entitled "Don't Marry Career Women" generated quite a bit of discussion on several blogs I read this week. The NY Times has a rather neat take on the controversy at:
Forbes has the glitter, but...

Parenting
Because my little one learned "Sh**" from me this weekend and soaked it up like a sponge, I suggest:
Curses!
Special props to the author for her 'zine name.

1 comment:

Bolder said...

i was just saying today to a blogger that why are there no people from Boulder who read my blog...

la voila!.